Here at Saint Oswald’s we celebrate the works of the Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We hold weekly Sunday services as well as services for special occasions throughout the year.
We are a welcoming family who aim to live the Christian life whilst sustaining our beautiful church building. This contains many interesting historical features which are shown off at social and community events.
Please click on the SERVICES PAGE for details of our regular services.
The church in Crowle was first mentioned in the Domesday survey of 1086 AD. It was one of about 225 churches in Lincolnshire at that time. This early church was most likely a simple wooden structure with a roof made of rushes. There is no proof that the church was dedicated to Saint Oswald, but it is doubtful that the Normans would have selected the name of an English saint who had died about 700 AD. The first recorded proof is found in the survey of 1086.
At the Norman conquest the Manor of Crowle was given to Geoffrey de Wirce who was the first Norman Lord of the Isle of Axholme. Shortly after this he gave the manner of Crowle to the Abbey of Saint Germains at Selby, which had been founded in 1069. This Abbey held the Manor until the dissolution of the monasteries in the 16th century.
Find us on Facebook @St Oswald's Church, Crowle